Sunday, May 31, 2009

BLOG AWARD TO SHARE



I am happily honored to receive my first blog award from Sarah at Romantic History. This is a fun pass-along blog.

"Along with this award, list 7 things that make You Awe-Summm then pass the award on to 7 bloggers you love.- Tag your recipients (so they know they've won) & link back to the Queen that tagged you."

My Queen, as mentioned above, is Sarah Jane from Romantic History, and this is my award...





It’s a humbling thing to try to find seven awesome things about myself. I will go with the principle that we are all made in the image of our Heavenly Father, and He is divine. He gave us ALL traits from Him, and here are some gifts that He chose to give me.



1. He blessed me with a very loving heart. Because of this, I generally see the good in all those I meet.

2. He blessed me with a divine desire to be a mother and to nurture children. Because of His help, I have raised some outstanding people. I now am blessed to be able to use this gift with my beautiful grandchildren. Ahh, it feels so good to love the little ones and also to be loved back.

3. He blessed me with a desire to return to Him and to choose the right even though many times I go astray.

4. He blessed me with a great love for the aesthetics of the Earth. I will remark to someone else how absolutely beautiful that lake is or that tree or whatever, and I will often get the remark, “Ya” period. And, I think, “No, not ‘ya’, ‘YA!’. I am thankful for this gift of seeing beauty as I feel that He sees it.

5. He blessed me with leadership and with a progressive spirit. Because of this, it is sometimes hard when I am unable to move forward like I want to--when I have to wait. I feel like a race horse who isn’t being let out of his pen. ;)

6. He blessed me with an astute mind. I am thankful that I am able to pick up knowledge of importance, learn it, and then pass it on to others.

7. He blessed me with listening ears and sympathy/empathy. Because of this gift, I am able to lift others. This, I am very thankful for.



I am passing this award on to the following awesome blogs (since I can only pick seven, there are MANY awesome blogs that aren’t listed here):



A Beautiful Life
A Day in 1862
A Joyful Handmaiden
Pastoral Symphony Farm
The American Homemaker
The Homespun Heart
Sugar Pie Farmhouse/Warm Pie Happy Home

Thank you all for your inspiration!

1 comment:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Congratulations on your award! Thanks so much for sharing it with me :) Have a great day!

Monica