Thursday, June 11, 2009

HAPPY HOMEMAKER



Monday was a happy day. I went in to work and wasn’t on the schedule, so I was able to go back home and be a homemaker!

Here is a list of things that I was able to accomplish. I did them in a more relaxed state of mind than coming home from work and feeling tired and rushed.



Laundry (Hung my freshly washed sheets out--Oooo, I love the smell!)
Made breakfast (14-grain cereal)
Figured the bills
Made a green smoothie

Julian drinking one several weeks ago...



This version of my green smoothie (they vary depending on what I have on hand) contained these healthy ingredients:

Spinach
Strawberry yogurt
Vanilla yogurt
A large juicy sweet apple
An orange
Frozen green grapes
Frozen banana
Quinary
Spirulina
Flax seed meal
Coconut oil
Skim milk
Ice cubes

You can find a rough recipe for green smoothies here. The great thing about them is that you can put in whatever and however much you choose!

I also...

Changed my bedding
Swept the laundry area
Went thrift shopping
Turned the compost
Made dinner (Hillbilly Spaghetti Pie—again ;) We love it!



You can find the recipe at Aunt Ruthie's Sugar Pie Farmhouse.

I made some great thrifty finds that day. I purchased two lipsticks (Estee’ Lauder) and five pair of earrings for $2.55! I LOVE second-hand stores!

Here is a skirt I got yesterday during another thrift-shopping spree…



My outfit rundown…

Pink Lipstick
(Thrift-Store, Unused)
Earrings
(Wal-Mart)
Necklace
(A gift from my daughter)
Blouse
(Given to me by my mom several years back)
Belt
(Mom and Dad bought clothing for everyone for family pictures in 1988. Yes, I have had it that long! Styles do return)
Skirt
(Thrifted)
Baby Doll shoes
(Bought a few years back when I worked in an office and had to dress every day)



Total cost of my outfit without the shoes (I don’t recall what I paid for them)…

Earrings $3.50 (Approximately)
Lipstick $0.20
Necklace Free
Blouse Free
Belt Free
Skirt $5.49

Total cost $9.19



This is another beautiful peachy flowered dress that I purchased during yesterday’s shopping…





Though I don’t know if I’ll wear these earrings with it (they are more of a country peach color than a light peach), I got them for just $1.00…



We closed out the day with a down-home-southern-goodness Buttermilk Pie! Mmmm…mmmm…good!

You can find the recipe on this fun you tube video with India Galyean



Have a blessed day!

No comments: