Thursday, June 25, 2009

OLD-TIME TREASURES, FATHER'S DAY, AND GOD'S CREATIONS



I have been vintage-store and second-hand store shopping and garage saleing as of late and have found some good deals and some just plain fun deals!

This picture is blurry but is a picture of some long white gloves that I found at a local vintage store. I will use them because I like the style but also to keep the sun off of my arms. Each year my skin gets worse, and I am trying to slow down the damage. (Isn’t it funny how as teenagers we worshipped the sun? I would lie outside with baby oil slathered all over listening to the radio, and the hotter the sun the better!)



This hat was purchased at the same little vintage store. Again, the picture turned out blurry, but try to imagine a black dress hat circa 1950’s with small feathers plumming outwards…



Same store…different trip, I purchased this cute little red gingham apron…





My girls, the grandbabies and I had fun at our local spring fair recently. They have all sorts of crafts, food, and locally made goodies. Last year I bought a rose colored sunbonnet from a woman and was happy to see that she had returned this year. She had one sunbonnet in her booth, and I got it! It is a nice country blue fabric and very well made…



Garage sales were good to me last week…I procured 1 summer skirt, 2 tops, 1 bun pocket, 2 lipsticks, and 6 lip liners all for only $2.70! You can’t beat that! At the next sale, I bought 3 canisters for a total of $2.00…



Well Father’s Day this year was very pleasant. We had a barbeque on that Sunday afternoon. The crowd turned out to be small but intimate and just a perfect day…



The little ones had fun…







The big ones had fun…



And all in all, it was a beautiful day…Thank the Lord for fathers!

And…speaking of beautiful…Hubby and I took a day trip the other day. We saw some lovely picturesque scenery…





Now tell me that that isn’t God’s creation..

Do you see the baby deer in this picture? Mama had just slipped into the brush...



Cows in the distance…



A country lane…



May we all look for the blessings in life. I have been told before that when we pray we should always thank Him first and then ask for our needs. I have found that when I think of all the blessings that I can in my prayers, I keep thinking of more and more, and I end up feeling so very thankful.

May you all have a blessed weekend.

No comments: