Saturday, May 29, 2010

SPRING-TIME PLANTING, AND NONE TOO SOON



Ahhh…The life of a dog!



Well, it finally stopped raining long enough to work in the flower beds!…It has been a soggy week or two.

Here are before pictures of my poor little unkempt beds...







These are two of the chocolate plants that my daughter planted last year.

She planted six total, and the dogs got three...

At least I have three left, as they smell SO yummy!



This sad little front bed has never had much fruition...

Because of the tree cover, it barely gets any sun at all. Each year, I try new plants but haven’t had much luck with anything. It seems like every variety needs at least part sun.

As you can see, only one of my hostas out of three survived, and it never gets very big. The peony is about all that comes back every year, but it hasn’t bloomed in about three years. That may be because of the tree beetles that we fight each summer; I’m not sure.



I was able to get everything in the ground today, and Monday I will pretty it up and post after-pictures.

I topped off my day at DQ and ice cream with the little people...

They had fun, but boy were they wild after that sugar! Mama doesn’t give them much sugar at all and is always sorry when she does. Luckily, it was bedtime as soon as they got home.



I pray that you all have a good day of rest tomorrow...:0)

No comments: