Wednesday, June 2, 2010

LIFE'S A WORK-OUT...BLESS SOMEONE



Life is always uphill it seems…Isn’t it a great work-out! :0)

The challenges never seem to end, but then…How would we ever progress?

Onward then…

I may be changing my work schedule; therefore, my housework schedule, dog-walking/exercise schedule, etc. need to be tweaked.

That is all okay, except, I am SO not a morning person! It is much easier to push myself to do house chores in the evening after coming home from work than to do them in the morning before work…Hmmm…So, the dilemma.

This is my first week trying this new schedule, so we’ll see how it goes.



My goals for the year and their current ratings (grades I am giving myself)…

BE MORE ORGANIZED…

Doing quite well here…B+

CONTINUE TO IMPROVE MY HEALTH WITH BODILY NOURISHMENT…

Do potato chips (Salt and Vinegar to be exact), M&M’s, and McDonald’s count as nourishment?

Baaaaaaad…F

CONTINUE TO IMPROVE MY HEALTH WITH EXERCISE…

Not too good here, either…Have you ever noticed that when you get on a role (good OR bad), that ya just keep on rollin’?...D

QUIT WHINING AND JUST DO!

I continuously contemplate on ways to better certain problem areas of my life, and I also hash them over with DH, but I really haven’t been whining much…Yay me!...A

PEOPLE WHO INSPIRE ME...

Do you have people in your life who inspire you? I hope you do.

If you don’t, find some…

If you don’t, be one…



Have you ever had the thought, “I wonder if this person that I am communicating with in person, who isn’t being real nice, would be a nicer person online?”

Or, “I wonder if this online acquaintance of mine, who is always so nice, is really that way in person?

I have pondered these questions quite a bit, as I observe and interact with people. Our society isn’t that nice anymore. There is definitely not a respect for people older than a given person. In other words, the idiom “age = wisdom” does not exist, but titles can certainly play a role in respect.

Often times, it is how we are viewed…How others perceive us…Not the actual who-we-are, that dictates how people choose to treat us…

Pretty sad…

Almost without exception, in my belief, it is the low self-esteem of the one who judges that is really speaking.

These are three people who inspire me…

My mom: Beautiful, soft, hard-worker, wonderful cook…

My Gramma—Mom’s side: Little plump German woman, hard-worker, loving beyond words, instilled a love of the Lord in me that has never left, even though she did…

My Gramma—Dad’s side: Quite possibly the hardest worker I’ve ever known, extremely clean yet doesn’t care if the grandchild spills grape juice on her cream-colored carpet…

Wow! Have I been blessed, or what?!

This quilt was...



Made by my mother-in-law...And given to us after my father-in-law passed…

Each block is from one of the shirts he used to wear…



This quilt was...



Made by my gramma…Mom’s side…

I can pick out squares and have memories of Gramma wearing a garment that then went into the making of this quilt…

We got this as a wedding present from Gramma…Twenty-seven years ago next month…

This quilt was...

Made by my gramma…Dad’s side…

More than diamonds…More than pearls…A hand-made quilt wins my heart every time…

Gramma gave this to us just because…Wow…Can you imagine ALL of that work Just BeCause?



I pray that we may all strive to BE THE PERSON WHO WE KNOW THE LORD WANTS US TO BE…And bless a life or two along the way...

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!

No comments: