Wednesday, June 16, 2010

TOP LIKES...?



I found this saying listed as a top "Like" on Facebook...

When you're waiting for someone and you look like a prostitute.


I’m not quite sure why someone would like the saying…

To me…It would be more in the “Dislike” category and actually, it happened to me years and years ago…

In my growing-up years, there was a massage parlor on the main street in town. It didn’t look seedy, but everyone knew what REALLY went on in there. Years passed, the massage parlor went away, and a drum studio went in…It was there that I took my drum lessons from a very high-quality musician.

One day, at only 14 years of age, I was standing out “on the corner” waiting for Mom to pick me up from my lessons. Some guy drove by, rolled down his window, and in some not-so-nice-words, called me a prostitute. I don’t even recall exactly what he said, but I still think of it often as I drive by the same building…Drum studio no longer, and all these years later.

Isn’t it funny what sticks in a person’s mind?

Have a good Thursday, and try to find a funny in YOUR day today…

{There always is one…It just doesn’t always manifest itself until later. ;0)}

No comments: