Sunday, March 21, 2010

DRESSING FOR LESS



DRESSING FOR LESS…

I really must find a better system for taking pictures, as putting my arms up to hold the camera does not allow for the correct fit of the outfit to be shown…

At any rate…Here are a couple of pictures of Thursday’s inexpensive outfit…

As mentioned before, I really don’t recall where I procured many of my clothes or what I paid, so these are guesstimates…

BLAZER…

I don't recall where I purchased this, but it would have been around $20.



BLOUSE…

Given to me by my mom...



PIN…

I THINK that Mom also gave this to me at one point...



SKIRT…

Purchased at a thrift shop for around $7...



BLACK POINTED-TOE BOOTS…

I got these at a classy second-time clothier and purchased them for $30 just over a year ago...This shop takes in only the very nicest of items and offers consignments by appointment only...

Excuse the poor photo quality...The maid forgot to clean the mirror...:/



ROUGH BREAK-DOWN…

BLAZER…

Number of times worn: 25…?
Price: $20
Today’s cost to wear: .80

BLOUSE…

Number of times worn: 30
Price: $0 (Gift)
Today’s cost to wear: $0

PIN…

Number of times worn: 30
Price: $0
Today’s cost to wear: $0

SKIRT…

Number of times worn: 20
Price: $7
Today’s cost to wear: .35

BLACK POINTED-TOE BOOTS…

Number of times worn: 20
Price $30
Today’s cost to wear: $1.50

TOTAL COST OF TODAY’S OUTFIT…

$2.65


Not bad!

The whole idea is to...

USE WHAT YOU HAVE!...

If you were given a gift, use it!

If you find something at a garage or estate sale, use it!

MIX AND MATCH...

So many outfits can be made by altering the way you wear a piece of jewelry or an item of clothing.

MAKE DO...

At one point in my life, I found myself with just the clothes on my back…literally…

For two weeks, I had one outfit to wear…It was a sundress, and a spaghetti-strap under tee…

I wore it that way or without the under tee for a bit of variation, or I would fashion the dress into a skirt by tying it a certain way, and wear the tank for a top…That gave me a total of three outfits.

There certainly was not a lot of variation each day, but it was all I had, so I made do.

Most importantly...

HAVE FUN!

No comments: