Monday, March 15, 2010

THE SEASON'S CHALLENGES



I don’t recall whether or not I have written about the coming season and my feelings toward it…If I have, please bear with me…

First of all, I would like to thank anyone who takes the time to read my ramblings…I appreciate the take you take to stop by and visit…

I pray that you may find peace in life as you go through each day, and I hope that I may inspire you, in some small way, as I am inspired by my friends in blog land…

For isn’t that why we are all here…To help one another…?

Back to the new season…

SPRING…

It is such a beautiful fresh time of year!



At the same time…I feel very overwhelmed.

One of the biggest challenges in my life is SUCCESSFULLY melding work outside of home with work at home…

Thus, the Organizational Challenge that I am accomplishing this year…

So, as I consider both of those (work outside and work at home) full-time jobs, it’s a lot of work…And, now I am forced to add another job…The Yard!



While Hubby takes care of all of the mowing and weed eating and shares in the watering, I still put a lot of hours into watering (we have poor soil) and also have flower beds to tend to and a small garden to grow, weed, and care for…

I shouldn’t complain, as we DO NOT have a large or extravagant yard…But…

Each year, I spend quite a bit of money on flowers that die…One bed is on the West and right against the house, so it is like an oven that is constantly on broil…The other bed is on the North AND in the shade of two trees, so I struggle with getting plants to grow there as well…

On top of that, one of the trees on that side of the house has beetles that come each year and eat everything in sight…We keep trying to control them, but have never been successful in eradicating them…

Each year, it’s the stress of trial and error as far as which plants to buy and which pest controllers to use…Nothing is plain and simple maintenance…

And…

Bob Dog likes to run THROUGH the flower beds, eat plants, AND dig holes… :/ He also joys in hopping into the container gardens, eating the plants, and pulling out the dividers… :/



This causes the stress of deciding how to alleviate these issues, which kind of fencing to use (if I decide to go that route), and how to keep it from looking junky…

All of this takes a lot of time…



“Is it really worth it?”, I ask myself? “How can I streamline it, and is there anything I can cut out or am WILLING to cut out? (I tend to be an I-want-to-do-it-all person…Not always good).

And so…while my PLAN is not yet formulated, I am definitely going to MAKE one before the season fully upon me…

I am always open to other's thoughts if you have something that works for you...



Otherwise, I will stress myself out, and who needs more stress, right? ;)

No comments: