Monday, April 5, 2010

THE BLESSINGS OF WORK



SCORES FOR WEEK OF MARCH 29, 2010...

There are six days in the week…I have decided not to do anything...Even putting out my laundry on Sundays…(I may do it but am not requiring it of myself)…It is the day of rest…

There are three chores a day…Morning tidying of bedroom…Specified Evening chore…And...Night-time tidying of living room…

There are a total of 18 chores a week…

This week, I got 15 out of 18 of them done for a total of 83%...I have noticed that with such low numbers...

I can only miss one chore a week to be able to obtain a 90%...There is not much room for error there!

I actually did Thursday’s Night chore on Friday, so with that figured in, I did a total of 16 out of the 18 for a total percentage of 89%.

It helps to keep a running daily tally, as I can see where I did well, as above, and where I need to improve the next week…

This week’s improvements will be in eating more healthy and exercising.



Today, I will be focusing on working women…Since I must do it, I am spending some time on it here…

Work days are indeed busy…The pace of the day…The pace of the world is quite unlike that of the housekeeper or housewife who can make her own schedule…



I am lucky in that I have two different jobs, each of which requires a different attire…

At one, I wear tennis/working-on-your-feet-all-day shoes…



At the other, I dress up…



I am so thankful that I don’t have to work in a sweat shop…

And that I get paid more than these poor workers do…(Something to think about when I am bemoaning the fact that I have to work)…



It is, indeed, a fine art combining Fashion and Work…



With taking care of the Animals and Housework…

AND…Making time for Family, Exercise, and the like…





Many women enjoy working…

It is invigorating for them, after previous decades of repression…



Some women like to work…

To get them out of the “drudgery”, as they see it, of house…



A few women have to work…

Disabled husbands, deep debt, and other maladies...

Or...

Just an unwillingness to live below a certain standard of living…Drive these women into the work-force…



Regardless of the reason, there are many of us out there fighting our way up the ladder, battling the female jealousy (And believe me…There is a LOT of that), and trying to keep some semblance of normalcy to our lives and pride in ourselves…

There are perks for sure…

When I worked at the Estee’ Lauder sales counter, my makeup closet was filled to the brim!

All sorts of lipsticks and creams adorned my dressing table…We were sent to school every few months and given free products…

And...Who doesn't like free stuff?!



Uniforms were supplied…And I ALWAYS smelled pretty for my husband!

Their products really were divine, and Estee’ Lauder herself was quite the woman…



As we were placed at the front of every store (a requirement of Estee' Lauder) and amid the other cosmetic and perfume counters, there was opportunity for goodies of all kinds…



The Hospital...

Working at the hospital…I have been able to get Free Health Screenings…Gifts…

And most importantly…Free advice ala immersion…

I hear so much from the experts just by being around them, that my knowledge has exponentially increased over the years…Now THAT is a Benny!



My other job...

At my other job, I am fortunate enough to get free textbooks and am able to learn an unlimited amount on the human body, it’s anatomy, and physiology, and pathophysiology…

Being able to do this and to share it with others is a GREAT advantage that I am blessed with…



Next week, one of the students will be having a cyst removed from her lung and has asked the surgeon if I may attend the surgery to video tape it…I am quite excited about the prospect and am praying that he will agree…

So…As they say…(Whoever “they” is)…

There is a GOOD SIDE to everything…Even work!

Have a wonderful and organized Tuesday!

No comments: