Friday, April 2, 2010

SMALL VICTORIES (PART TWO), CLOTHES PINS, AND AN EASTER STORY



It seems like the longer we put things off, the more daunting they seem…

I had made such a big deal of the insurance paper work that I put it off for…well, a very long time. Once I finally did it yesterday, I chastised myself, as it was really quite simple. My husband, on the other hand, is ultra efficient. I am STILL learning from him…It’s just too bad that it’s taking so long!

One thing that I absolutely love about this new Organizational Goal that I have is that it makes life so much simpler! For instance, tonight, DD and I hosted a Lia Sophia jewelry party. Generally, whenever I have something at my house, I dread the getting-ready part. You know…the cleaning and setting up, etc.





Well, since I have been following my program, my living room was already clean, my bathroom was already clean, and all I had to do was to set up some extra chairs, which Hubby had gotten down from the attic for me. It really was a snap!

My cute niece, Ryanne, showing the jewelry...





My beautiful mother (left) and mother-in-law (right)...



Nieces Ryanne and Shannda...



Lovely niece Kylie...



So…Hard work really does pay off, and small victories really turn into large accomplishments! I still struggle with keeping up, but I am getting better and better, and by the end of the year (or sooner), I will be quite efficient.



As I love to hang out my laundry, I have wanted a clothes line for a long time…

And…Since I haven’t had one in years, my clothes pin supply was gone…

I decided to make due for now with a cable we had originally strung for the dog…It can’t hold much, but a little is better than nothing…

So, without pins, I tucked the ends of the two sheets under the blanket on either side…We had such strong winds that day that by the evening when I went out to get the laundry, I was down to ONE sheet and the blanket…

The other sheet has never been found! :/

Needless to say, among today’s purchases was a package of clothes pins… ;)





I had the little people over the other day and wanted to combine some fun with the real reason for Easter…

I had some little eggs, which when opened, contained a little chick…



When put in water over a couple of days...



They will grow…



While they were playing with the chicks, I read them this book…

Let’s Celebrate Jesus on Easter…



It is sad to me that Easter is just one more commercialized holiday where baskets, candy, and now even gifts are bought…

We do the baskets and the egg hunt, but I really like to teach the little people the real reason for Easter…

After the story, we went down and watched He is Risen…

This was put out by Living Scriptures…They have a wonderful way of telling the scriptures that keep the children's attention...When my children were young, I collected all of these animated videos...







Little people are so very very special that we HAVE to teach them and we need to love them…

May we all realize the blessings of Easter this weekend...

No comments: