Monday, February 2, 2009

THE SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK






FOR TODAY FEBRUARY 2, 2009...

Outside my window...Overcast and chilly--a good day for being inside.

I am thinking...That I am thankful for my grandbabies.

I am thankful for...My husband, who is such a hard worker.

From the learning rooms...I am continually learning (or at least trying) to better myself.

From the kitchen...Ruthann's Hillbilly Spaghetti Pie left overs for lunch...Mmmmm, a little Italian...Sausage and Sauerkraut for dinner...Mmmmm, a little German. :)

I am wearing...Warm clothes--love the Winter. I can always put on more clothes, unlike the Summer time.

I am creating...My life! Ha. I am always a work in progress, and it is a true creation!

I am going...No where in particular today--maybe a quick run for a soda.

I am reading...Proverbs 2.

I am hoping...That this headache will subside. It has lasted WAY too long. :/

I am hearing...The creeks and groans of the house when no one else is around.

Around the house...Did some good cleaning and all the laundry on Saturday. Just need to tidy up and run the vacuum today.

One of my favorite things...We were able to visit Punxsutawney, PA, the home of Phil the groundhog. Their library had Phil and a few other fill-ins in a little habitat. PA has a lot to be happy about today!

A few plans for the rest of the week:Work: Lab Tuesday and Wednesday, Lincoln Center Tuesday and Thursday, and Hospital Friday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...My Family. We got these taken at Christmas time.

My husband and son on the left; Middle Daughter and boyfriend next (the two dark-haired ones); Oldest Daughter, Son-in-law, and three grandbabies on the right (the blonde family); Me lying down. We have had our photographer for many years. He is always open to and suggests different fun arrangements.



If you would like to join us, please visit The Simple Woman's Daybook.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

What a lovely family picture!! It's been nice to meet you and read about your week. I hope God blesses you!

Sommer said...

I absolutely love your picture! What a fun and relaxed photo:-)

Me said...

Crystal and Sommer,

Thank you for the compliments. :) We liked how they turned out, as well. It had been something like seven years since we had taken any professionally. Everyone changes so much, so we thought it time.

Crystal, I was nice meeting you also, and thank you for stopping by to say "hi". Feel free to stop in anytime!

Blessings to you, ladies. :)