Friday, February 27, 2009

THRIFTY FINDS



One of my dear daughters, the three little men, and I went thrift store shopping the other day. We were able to hit two of them before one little man’s patience wore thin. Oh, it was so fun, though! Both of us love the deals we can find second-hand. It’s like finding a hidden treasure!

My camera takes less-than-desirable pictures. I would just as soon go back to the old fashioned kind. But, here are some I was able to snap...

A cute double-heart country Welcome sign for my kitchen...



An adorable Country-Hearts pitcher to match my napkin holder and salt and pepper shakers. I'm working on a set. :O)

Reminisce is a wonderful little magazine about the good ole days. Oh, how wonderful it is to take a cozy afternoon and just get lost in the past! I picked up both copies for just a few cents a piece.



One of the Few: Toward Christian Womanhood tells the story of a young woman who chose to follow the right path in life unlike so many her age. Throughout the book, which is styled for homeschoolers, her grandmother counsels her on the different avenues of life. I read it one night while sitting with a patient.

Polly’s Pointers: Hints for Homemaking is a cute vintage booklet, which contains all sorts of homemaking tips.



And this beautiful rose plate stole my heart! I adore roses and have a small display of them in my bedroom, including a couple of handkerchiefs that were Grandma's.

Although the mug wasn't made to accompany the plate, I had to grab it as well!



A stop at the playground and a trip to the health food store to obtain the needed ingredients for our homemade toothpaste and deodorant completed our day. Ahhh, how wonderful it is to have daughters…and better yet, someone who loves to shop thrift stores as much as I do!

No comments: