Monday, January 19, 2009

THE SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK





FOR TODAY JANUARY 19, 2009…

Outside my window...Dark and warm...darn, I want more snow!

I am thinking...That I need to work a lot more hours to pay down these bills. It's pretty depressing, but I am hopeful.

I am thankful for...My husband and all the hard work he does.

From the learning rooms...Medical Assistant knowledge.

From the kitchen...Poor man's split pea with ham soup. Ham, which I usually put into my soup for both flavoring and meat, was $20 at Wal Mart. I wasn't about to spend that much so substitued hocks for the flavoring and a wee bit of meat. I then used bacon for the rest. It tasted just as good. The only thing different was that it didn't look quite as pretty, and there wasn't as much meat.

I am wearing...Sweat pants, long knee-highs, and a comfy sweat shirt.

I am creating...Valentine cards to sell on Etsy.

I am going...No where special this week.

I am reading...Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen.

I am hoping...To re-make some sound financial goals.

I am hearing...Silence. Hubby has the TV on, so I have my ear plugs in. :)

Around the house...A clean livingroom!...Crafts on the table to put away...A bathroom or two to clean.

One of my favorite things...Good books.

A few plans for the rest of the week:Work, blogging.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...The beginnings of Elliott's afghan.

No comments: