Sunday, December 21, 2008

SANTA AND LOVE PICTURES

DISCLAIMER: Long long ago, so very long ago, when our wee ones were small, we debated and debated upon whether or not we should tell our children about Santa Clause. Well, a difficult debate it was. For, as a child, I had believed in Santa Claus and then was oh so disappointed when, at five years old, my gramma told me the truth that no such being existed; my heart was crushed. I didn’t want my own children to have to face the same thing. Well, Hubby wanted to keep the tradition that he too had grown up with, and I had indeed enjoyed the anticipation of Christmas morning and the surprises that awaited. So, alas, we included in our holiday celebrations, the thought of St. Nick. Yet, all the while, Jesus’ birth has been and is the true and real reason that we celebrate, and He is who we try to keep at the center of our Christmas observances.

That being said, each year, we would go to our local mall or drug store and get our Santa pictures. I retrieved these all from storage yesterday to display. Many memories come flooding back as I see my little people.



Here are a couple of pictures from my birthday that DH took.

Aunt Tia holding baby Christian...Gramma/Mom talking to Chanielle...



Little Adrien helping me read a birthday card…



The boys helping to blow out candles…



The ingenous LOVE pictures that DD put together for me using the little boys’ shapes to spell the word…

3 comments:

Mrs. G said...

I think your collage of Santa pictures are sweet, it was a cute idea to post them!

Paris

Me said...

Thank you, Mrs. G. I hope to get them in to an official collage with a frame one of these days.

Mrs. G said...

That's an excellent idea, beautiful and meaningful things should be treated specially right? Blessings to you and yours tonight.

Paris