Wednesday, January 13, 2010

BITS AND PIECES



HOMEMADE…KID-MADE…RECYCLED SNOWMAN



I love homemade things…especially the little people homemade things…

And, the best part…He made it out things that were going to be thrown away…Mama’s teachin’ him well!

And...recycled paper-towel people...Gramma and Julian are on the left. Oh, how so adorable!



BABIES...ALWAYS BABIES...WOULDN'T THE WORLD SIMPLY STOP WITHOUT THEM? I AM QUITE SURE THAT IT WOULD...



UNCLES AND NEPHEWS...A NEVER-ENDING-GENERTION-TO-GENERATION FUN TIME...









SOME GOOD CLEAN AND WHOLESOME MUSIC TO SING WITH THE LITTLE ONES



BABY CHRISTIAN LIKES TO HELP WHENEVER HE CAN



AND FOR GAMES...WELL, WE HAVE THE EVER FAMOUS NOAH'S ARK!



AND THEN...ON A BIT MORE SECULAR LEVEL...DON'T EAT SPIDEY!



RECIPES...

HOMEMADE FOOT SCRUB



A couple of years back, I was pulled in by a Christmas-time kiosk at the mall…They had Dead Sea foot scrub…In Lemon, nonetheless! It was really nummy-smelling and was nice to use in the shower…

Well, I ran out recently…It lasts a long time…So, I decided to make my own…It’s much cheaper that way…

Vegetable Glycerin (Or a carrier oil such as sweet almond)
Scented oil of your choice…I happened to have Lemon on hand…I love the refreshing smell!
Sea salt…I got this at the health food store…This particular salt is Celtic sea salt


That’s it…Just mix it up, and you have your own homemade foot scrub! As sea salt isn’t white, this has a bit of a gray color to it. One could put in food coloring, but I chose to leave mine au naturel.

CROCK-POT DINNER...LEMON DILL CHICKEN



This chicken is oh so juicy!

4 Skinless boneless chicken breasts
Chicken bouillon to taste
Lemon juice to taste
Dill leaves
Green onions


I don’t measure…Just put in the amount of each ingredient that you think you will like. I love dill and lemon both so was generous with them. I had green onions that needed to be used up, but you can use yellow if that’s what you have.

Fry cut-up green onions (I use the stalks as well…They’re like chives) in real butter
Layer chicken breasts in crock-pot
Add onions, bouillon, dill, and water to cover

Let simmer on Low all day long, and you will have Mmmm…Mmmm goodness for dinner time!

Take out the chicken breasts with slotted spoon and serve with cottage cheese and fresh carrots. The stock can be saved in the freezer for soup.





AFTER-WORK ACHIEVEMENTS

Insurance claims processed
Dinner checked on
Cats—watered, litter cleaned
Bills
Emptied shredder and swept
RXs ordered
Washed dog’s bedding
Cleaned vanity, sink, and mirror in bedroom
Took a load up to the attic and one load down
Ordered health tea

Many small achievements make for one large feeling of accomplishment!

No comments: