Saturday, January 16, 2010

RATING MY WEEK



THIS WEEK…

Over all, it had a hold of me…



One a scale of 1-5…One day was a 5, one day was a 1, and three days were 2.5s. I’m a bit disappointed with myself, as rather than being MORE organized than I normally am, this week was all too average.

My husband is such a great example to me…The man is VERY organized…Almost annoyingly so. He is one of those people who does well on a schedule…In fact, if he doesn’t have a schedule, he is lost.

I, on the other hand, can’t stand schedules…Isn’t that crazy…They drive me insane. I am quite impromptu, love spur-of-the-moment things, and go a hundred miles an hour most all the time. Both of our personality traits have special features that are great. Because DH is the way he is, he is very middle-of-the-road, and every-day’s-the-same…This is good…He’s the tortoise…in The Tortoise and the Hare…In the end, he wins the race.

My traits lend themselves to accomplishing some pretty awesome things. I have a fun spontaneity, and I have done a lot out-of-the-norm things in my life. I am not normal, and I love it.

But…Back to this year’s challenges…I am working on that arduous task of organization, which involves, I think, scheduling…Uggg.

Today, I didn’t utilize my time well at all, which led to that all-too-familiar feeling of self defeat.



One of the biggest challenges within the challenge is to become less of a night person. I thrive in the night! I am very motivated at night and can get a whole SCORE of things done. The problem…Well, I live in a day world. The world runs for the day people, and I am that night owl living in a day world. It has always been this way. In fact, I got in trouble I don’t know how many times in my high school years. I always slept in and was always up late. My son is the same way…Our circadian rhythms are opposite from most. Oooo, how I wish it were different, but it’s not, and I must learn…After all these years…To finally deal with it.

It’s o.k. though…That just gives me a better challenge for next week, and in the long run, I will be a much more satisfied person!

THE BUG…

The bug has been going around…DS had a lot of congestion, coughing, and sore throat…DH had the same, but it has held on longer…Dad’s turned to pneumonia…The grandbabies all had it, as well as DD.

Thank the good Lord, I have been doing fine save for a sore throat, which I am trying to ignore.



Have a wonderful weekend All!

No comments: