Tuesday, January 12, 2010

HAPPY DAY



Well, indeed, today was very organized and ran very well...It really felt as if I had just twinkled my nose, and it ran magically smooth…



Whew! One down...Seven to go...

By then, it should be a decently ingrained habit, as I really don’t enjoy feeling like Aunt Clara…

A dear soul…

But so very off the mark in most everything she does…



In reality, of course, the day went smoothly because I made myself be more organized before the day even started, and that made the difference…

So, onward I go…Into the world of greater organization…

I think that one of the greatest detriments to ourselves is…well…ourselves. If we want to better ourselves, we may do so for an hour or two, and then the little voice creeps in…”You aren’t really that good, you know. There are a whole lot of other people better than you…In fact, the whole world is better than you!” Before you know it, we have crawled back into our cave out of shame for even living.

If you want to get a lot accomplished, the same can and will happen if you aren’t quick to push it out. We may start the day out with a list of ten items to accomplish. By the end of the day, we may have only achieved five out of the ten. “Well, that wasn’t a very good day now, was it? You’re a loser!” says the little devil on our shoulder.

You all know what I’m talking about…We all fight the same fight…So never think that it’s only you. You are the only one who can see you, so that’s how it feels…BUT…

Have you ever thought of dogs? Dogs generally act the same…Chihuahuas may bark more than Basenjis…Golden Retrievers may wag more that Chows…But, in general, they all act the same…They all like to bury bones…They all love to see their master…They all chase cats…And speaking of cats…

What about cats? They generally all act alike…They all lie around all day…They all lick themselves clean…They all chase mice.

People are no different. Some may yell louder than others…Some may be friendlier than others, but we are all generally the same…If you have a problem, the chances are pretty good that someone else…Probably hundreds or thousands of someone-elses have the very same problem. So…lick your wounds for a minute and move on!

One thing that I find that really helps me after work is to make of list…Not of what I want to do, though I do that too sometimes at the beginning of the day…But a list of what I have gotten done. It’s amazing how that can make a person feel. If I don’t do this, all of sudden two hours will have gone by, and I know that I’ve gotten a few things done, but I can’t figure out where the time went and what it was that I actually did.

So…I make a list…

I unloaded the car (I always have a lot of stuff, so that’s an accomplishment to me)…

I took the recycling out…Fed the dog…Cleaned the litter…Brought some beans in to soak…Finished dinner…Took a load out of the dryer.

None of those are significant in an of themselves, but, wow…I actually got some things done!



And, isn’t relaxing so much nicer when you know you’ve accomplished something first?

No comments: