Thursday, November 13, 2008

ANNIVERSARIES

My dear husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this past July 9th. I can't even begin to believe that I have been married that many years let alone that I can remember 25 years ago!

It’s a strange thing it is, for I recall my parents saying very similar things. Of course, I replied with an “Uh-huh” or a “Really?” but couldn’t truly relate until it got here—or I got there—whichever it is. The same goes with children. It is still almost beyond comprehension that I am a gramma, though I have been one now for over four years. I can so readily relate with those of you who are homeschooling and raising your young families. In mind and spirit, I am the same as you, though from your prospective, I am sure that I am the older woman to whom you are replying a collective “Uh-huh” or “Really?” Well, be that as it may, life whisks by, and before we know it, we’ll be in our coffins exclaiming, “But I’m not old enough to die yet! Where did the time go?!”

So, back to our anniversary...It was absolutely magnificent! We drove 3,376 miles in my little car, from Montana to Mexico and back in a round-a-bout way. What a delight it was! This was an honor to our honeymoon, in which we also drove thousands of my miles in my little car (different car needless to say).






On this adventure, we dipped down into Mexico where I could learn some Spanish and practice the bit that I do know. This was quite rewarding, as in two past trips to Mexico, I didn’t know enough of what was being said; I only knew that they were talking of me. Well, this time, they didn’t get the chance! I think that they thought that I knew more than I did, and we had a good time jewing each other, as the old saying goes. (FYI: I never intend to degrade any sect, race, or religion. I don’t even think of the Jewish people in this particular phrase; it’s just an expression to me like hawking, etc. In fact, I love the greatest Jew of all, Jesus Christ!)


Nogales, Mexico




We saw many interesting things such as this Shoe Tree…never have seen a Shoe Tree before!





We touched the beautiful peach sands of Zion National Park, peach just happened to be one of our wedding colors, which seemed so aprapoe.





We saw the beautiful palms of Phoenix and ate freshly-picked grapefruit.





We were blessed to just happen upon Cove Fort with its impeccable gardens and rich history.





My husband and I had many more memories and adventures; these are but a few. Suffice it to say, that we had an outstanding two weeks!

No comments: