Wednesday, November 12, 2008

CLOTHING


I have such a yearning to dress as Heavenly Father would have us do--with modesty. This seems quite a challenge today with the fashions what they are, if one can even call them fashions. Though I know of those women and girls who wear only dresses, I don't. I think, however, that this is such a tribute to our Heavenly Father in showing Him that they are committed to dress as modestly as possible.

The Duggars, for instance, all wear dresses, as do the Bates family. This is so pure to me. I so often wish that my entire family would really be Christian in word and deed, trying whole-heartedly to please the Lord. While I am certainly no saint, nor even close to one, it would be so much easier, I think, to follow the dictates of my heart if we all worked together and taught our children such holy and pure doctrines.

I actually think that it would be so wonderful if we had the option to dress as the pioneers did with long dresses and bonnets. This may seem quirky, but again I feel a purity in this. I have a bonnet but of course no place to wear it without the stares of many and to the great embarrassment of my husband!


1 comment:

Me said...

I actually think that it would be so wonderful if we dressed as did the pioneers with long dresses and bonnets. This may seem quirky, but again I feel a purity in this. I have a bonnet but of course no place to wear it without the stare of many and to the great embarrassment of my husband.